Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and do not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. So often in life, we are so busy planning and scheduling our day. Our cell phones, computers and social media constantly remind us of our next appointment or event.
Common Barriers to Mindfulness:
The most common barriers that keep you from being mindful:
1. Being in denial
2. Being under stress
3. Being exhausted
4. Being hungry
5. Being in pain (physical, emotional, or spiritual)
6. Constantly thinking about the past robs you of the present and steals your future.
8. Being extremely emotional
9. Pushing away thoughts or observations
10. Having a lack of intention
11. Having a lack of compassion
12. Constantly judging, analyzing, criticizing or evaluating